11.14.2007

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells.....

And so it begins. The tantalizing smell of cinnamon and pine, the way the air seems to crackle with cold when you step out, people bustling around in a jolly manner, carols ringing happily, and little lights twinkling from windows....it's almost Christmas!
This is my absolute favorite time of the year. It stems from my childhood and my mother, a Christmas junkie herself. Each year at this time our house would suddenly turn magical. The snowball fights and snow forts with my siblings, hooking the horses us to the sleigh for jingle bell rides, the warm wood stove and steaming hot chocolate, and mounds of good food. My mom would spend a month cooking cookies and candies and decorating our entire house in red and green.

Normally I wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year I just couldn't wait. Yes, my decorations are already up. The Christmas CDs came out shortly after. You can make fun, but nothing can ruin my holiday cheer. I love this season! I love looking in a window and seeing a glittering tree. I love the way families come together. I love the words of the Christmas carols. I love listening to the Nativity story and thinking of that cold night long ago when a little babe was born and laid in a manger. I love the happy, smiling people who seem to be in such a good mood as they hurry around. I love the rosy cheeks and noses of the children who play outside. I love the waves and calls of hello while neighbors shovel their drives and walks. I love the brightly wrapped presents and colorful bows. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...