9.05.2007

Mommy Joys

So today is a day I will remember for the rest of my life. Not because I actually managed to finish two consecutive loads of laundry, returned emails in a timely manner, or *gasp* had an adult phone conversation without interruption, but because of four little words uttered for the first time my little man. I was walking into my bedroom with a load of clothes and as I walked by him, gave him an "I love you." Much to my surprise, he turned around and said, "I love you too!" Underwear and t-shirts alike hit the floor in my utter amazement. I just had to run up and kiss him, which of course prompted a "Moooommmm". Oh the joys of mommyhood.

Both kids are happy little people today, as a matter of fact. We've adopted a new schedule to try to stay more on top of day to day life. We've gotten lazy over the summer about getting chores done, staying in our pajamas until noon, preparing healthy meals (read, it doesn't come out of a box), and getting out for some exercise. I'm not saying we sit in sweats all day eating cookies and soda while watching TV, but a little more structure would be nice to have. I figured the kids would object with the stricter guidelines and tighter routines, but they don't seem to mind too much. We'll see how it continues. For myself, I'd just like to have a better routine to balance chores, kids, errands, and time in general. My weekly bible study is starting up again this next Tuesday, as well as my MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group, and a few other committments I've taken on, so it's a good time to start pulling the strings together.

Evan and I have started a clean eating diet, which basically limits salts, sugars, processed foods, and dressings and sauces. It sounds bad, but we're starting slow and working into it. It's really not too bad. And those nights in the gym together are starting to really pay off, both emotionally and physically. Evan has lost several pounds, I've started to tone up, and the time we've spent working out has really brought us closer and made us notice each other again.

Look for a new recipe of the week tomorrow, along with some super cute pictures of Ely's birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...