11.05.2007

Cue the music...

I love music. I love when I hear a song for the first time and the lyrics seem to be coming from my own thoughts. I love when I'm in a horrible mood and I hear a new bouncy tune that perks me up. I love when I feel like wallowing and suddenly, there's a slow sad one on every station that matches my mood. I just love music.

I love the way it brings people together. I love the way that everyone, no matter how different, can find a tune that they love, that makes them smile. It may be hard metal for some, or the golden oldies for others, but it unites us as a people. One song can recall an entire decade, one anthem symbolize a country.

I love that there is a music for every occasion and season. The slow, sweet notes of a jazz trumpet, the long wail of the electric guitar in a heavy metal riff, the twang of a country song, the beat and flow of R&B.

Most of all, I love the way music inspires. I love that even hard old men cry when they hear "God Bless the USA", and the way a room takes on a rosy glow in the soft chords of Christmas carols. I love that music can open hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...