11.28.2007

Time Marches On

A quick rundown of what is happening in my life right now...

Kids, great, Evan, fantastic. We had a very nice Turkey Day with his family, and I think I gained several pounds. The day after I was up at four to shop the sales and finished most of my Christmas shopping. I added it up later and found out I got $726 of merchanidse for a little over four. Very nice! Now Evan and I just have to go shop for the kids. We spent this last weekend laying around doing nothing, which was a nice change of pace from the hectic one we've kept lately. Monday night I wrapped and ribboned and bowed every present I have so far, which now takes up a wall in my bedroom. I also worked out with Evan, which ended up making me sick. A big plate of spaghetti followed immediately by some serious crunches do not a good mix make. Yesterday was a very disheartening kind of day. I had to go deal with some insurance issues, then my brother called and needed me to run a tool to his jobsite. Forty five minutes of driving through the snow and ice later, I arrived to find out I'd left said tool sitting on the kitchen table. Yeah. I'm a genius. Then after lunch, I got a phonecall from my oldest brother. My grandfather passed away early yesterday morning. I knew it was coming (he had lung cancer), but I was still a little shocked and a lot sad. I haven't seen that side of the family much since moving here, so I can't say that we were close, but it's still hard when someone you care about moves on. I think I'm still just numb, like it's not real. I really feel for my oldest brothers and sisters, as they were closer to him. The only thing that makes me happy is that maybe he's up somewhere beyond finally getting to hug my dad again. I like to picture it.

Anyway, that's the scoop. Sorry I've been slacking in this department lately, but it's the holidays and things are just not slowing down. Expect some lag time for the next month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...