1.10.2008

Rendezvous!

And to further fulfil my goals, the topic material for the bible study I am leading is decided on!

I picked one called Rendezvous: Joy Ride. It's a study of Phillipians done in a very upbeat, lighthearted tone; the main purpose is to build relationships, have fun, and teach about the quality of joy. We'll be meeting every Tuesday from 9AM-11AM at the church a few blocks down from my house.

This group is mainly going to be SAHMs. I'm so excited to be able to lead it. A few years ago, I was one of those new, lonely moms cooped up in a house with no friends. Now to be able to help others in that position is an amazing feeling! I don't think anyone who hasn't been there can understand how hard it is to spend your days with tiny people who don't understand reason and know only a handful of words, how isolating it can be to stay home day after day, and how trying it is to try to make friends who have kids that also get along with yours. I've met women who I clicked with only to find our kids couldn't stand each other, and then found kids that my kids adore, only to find I don't want to spend five minutes in the mother's company.

I wouldn't trade this gig for any other, but it is very stressful, and sometimes it's nice to be able to connect with someone else feeling those struggles and emotions, even if just for an hour or two a week. That is what this group will be about. A place to unburden, to get a dose of feel good for the rest of the week. I can't wait for it to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...