1.17.2008

You've Got To Be Kidding Me....

The last three or four days have been, well, interesting. I've been away from my computer mostly as I tackled training a puppy, dealing with a sick kid, preparing for and starting my new study, and dealing with my own emotional racket, as well as the myriad of other day to day projects I do regularly.

And so, in that order....

The puppy is doing pretty well as far as potty and crate training. She's had a few accidents, but all were due to our own lapse in not getting her out the door quick enough. She will actually squat outside even when she doesn't really have to go, as if she knows that she's supposed to. She's mostly sleeping through the night already, a fact Evan appreciates as he was the one getting up in the night with her.

Ely gave us a big scare on Tuesday night. I had gone to pick up Dani from work and as we sat waiting, humming along to radio and generally just being bored, Ely suddenly went from placid to crazy. She started this guttural, grunting screaming, clawing at her seat buckle, and shaking. I lunged back to get her out and she started vomiting this clear/white foam, so I grabbed a towel laying in the back seat and held it under her, then she, well, passed out. I shook her, said her name, and she opened her eyes briefly with this drunken kind of look, then went back to sleep. We went immediately to the hospital, where we were told it must be the flu, since she had a 102 temp. I tried to tell them, no, she's not been sick, but they said just watch her and sent us home. Needless to say, I did some research and we've come to the conclusion that she probably had a febrile seizure, which occur in about 1 in 25 kids and are a result of a high temperature. They don't leave any lasting damage and are mainly the body's way of dealing with the stress of a temp. So from now on we'll watch her when she has a fever and hope it never happens again. Today and yesterday she's been fine. Flu, my.....

The bible study was awesome! We didn't have as good a turnout as we'd hoped, but we had fun regardless and there are several more women interested for next week!

Lastly, I've been dealing with my own emotional problems, mostly to do with anxiety. I'm not sure I'm ready to discuss it yet, so we'll leave it at that.

Since I've been away for a few days, I decided to fill you in on the last few days in a photo montage form...


Ely laying on the couch with her fever.

Amada and Bella playing in the vacuum cord.
Aidyn changing baby's diaper.
Bella watching TV, no joke.
Bella coming at ya!
Aidyn strolling Bella.
Naked Ely!

Bella and mommy cuddles.
I'm this happy, see?
Yippy ki yay....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...