5.01.2008

Soup of the Day

Nothing deep or even remotely interesting today, to tell the truth, but I shall post anyway, as I was reminded yesterday that it has been too long.

The garage is still not finished. Big surprise. Actually, it's coming along and should be completed (minus electrical) by this weekend. Our concrete pour is scheduled for 7AM on Saturday, so I am super excited about that. The siding has been going up a little at a time during the evenings, I myself nailed up some J-metal on Tuesday night. By this time next week, we should have the inspection done and hopefully, even have the guys out to install the overhead door! Tonight I plan on digging holes for our fence so that they can pour concrete into those at the same time.

Of course, the fence will be put on hold for a few weeks while we visit the family in Montana. We're leaving in two weeks and one day, and then I'll have a whole ten days of family time. The kids are so excited, Aidyn keeps talking about how he's going to play with his uncle Jeremiah. (Side note, the Bean just climbed me like ladder and is now wrapped around my head watching TV over my shoulder). And on this oh-so-spectacular trip, we will have a new ride.

Yes, you heard me. It's true, I succumbed to the van. I actually read a very enlightening article about how SUVs have become so commonplace, the new "soccer mom" vehicle of choice, that vans are suddenly ahead of the curve, out of the norm, and, dare I say it, cool. Just let me dream, people, let me dream. And so, for the first time, the Stillar family will roadtrip to their roots in the style and comfort of the Honda Odyssey, which has already been dubbed, fondly I think, The Box.
Other tidbits of this week:

1. Bella now firmly knows how to sit at attention with a piece of food hovering directly on her nose until given the command to go ahead and eat it. Pretty cool, in my opinion, but then again, I'm the one that taught her.

2. There is a vase of branches from my little tree out front being forced out of winter hibernation to lend their bright red spring feel to my front room. They are already opening!

3. Sharkbait has been drawing pictures that actually form an organized picture. He drew a duck, a boat, and yesterday, a bus, complete with wheels, window, and a ladder. Yes, a ladder.

4. Bean is laying on the floor with her brother's undies on wiggling around to a reggae sounding beat coming from the TV. Just as a note of interest. The girl cracks me up.

5. I went shopping and found the coolest pair of wicked awesome shorts I've ever seen. Evan says they look like I'm heading off to golf. I think he's jealous.

And that about sums it up. Except of course, for my latest going green efforts, which I plan on posting at a later date, hopefully soon. Until then, friends and readers....




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that the car situation (oops, I meant van situation!) has been resolved. I drive a station wagon, which I think is just outdated enough to be cool again as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...