10.04.2007

Soap Suds...

It's laundry day, that wonderful time of the week when I can no longer ignore the mountains of clothing piling up. When one needs a compass to simply navigate their own basement, I believe action is called for. For the rest of the day I will be absorbed in a world of lights and darks, diapers and towels, fabric softener and hangars. To tell you the truth, laundry day is one of my favorite days of the week. I get to stay home, curled up in sweats (because everything else is dirty). I get a modicum of exercise running up and down the stairs with baskets of laundry. I get to sit on the couch, mostly zoning while I fold and hang, and for some reason, my children actually want to help with this chore. Given, their towels and washrags come out with a more, well, unique method of folding, but it's bonding time all the same. And the neatly folded piles stacked in their drawers and the full closet with smartly hung hangars gives me such a feeling of accomplishment.

In other news, last night I cooked the YUMMIEST dinner ever! I was thinking about BLTs, and thought, well, how could one turn that into a dinner? I started by cubing some chicken into about one inch squares and wrapping each in a half piece or two of bacon. I laid them on a lightly greased pan, then sprinkled the tops with a little parmesan. A half hour in a 350 degree oven produced some mouthwatering results. I paired it with a tomato and romaine salad and some garlic breadsticks, and my family went crazy for it. Evan said I could make it every night if I wanted to, but I don't think his arteries would thank me for that :)

The interview on the radio show went well, and the website got a ton of hits in the last week. To tell you the truth it's more a hobby right now, and while it's doing really well and I'm getting great feedback from those who have ordered from me, it's nice to still have that laidback approach. In a few years I'll be able to step it up more, but right now I'm enjoying the flexibility.
Last but not least....I'm a mommy again! OK, well kind of :)
This is Amada, which means "beloved" in Spanish. A very fitting name as it relates perfectly to my devotionals lately. The kids absolutely love her, Aidyn follows her and plays with her constantly, Ely prefers a more laid back relationship of run by pettings. I love how she cuddles with me while the kids take their naps and I blog away or work on laundry. I'm sure there will be more pictures soon, she's too cute not to capture!
Anyway, cheers to you on laundry day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...